Our setting aims to:
- provide high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age;
- work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- add to the life and well-being of its local community; and
- offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
In community based settings that are members of the Preschool Learning Alliance, all parents are regarded as members who have full participatory rights. These include a right to be:
- valued and respected;
- kept informed;
- involved; and
- included at all levels.
Membership of the setting also carries expectations on parents for their support and commitment.
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer helpers;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.